SoCo Escape Room – Pueblo, CO
$10 - $11 per hour - Part-time
SoCo Escape Room entertains the adventurous by locking them in rooms and daring them to escape. Our meticulous designs provide the perfect combination of puzzles, narrative, and atmosphere. Our goal is for customers to be challenged by fascinating puzzles, enraptured by authentic narratives, and transported by immersive atmospheres. SoCo Escape Room is locally owned and operated and dedicated to being an active member of the Pueblo community.
What is an escape room?
An escape room is a live, physical, interactive, and immersive puzzle experience in which participants are locked into a room and must work as a team to solve a series of puzzles designed around a specific theme and all leading to the final solution, which is to unlock the door and escape the room within a set time limit.
About the job
This is a part-time position perfect for people who enjoy a fun atmosphere and love interacting with large groups of customers. In this position you will work on an on-call basis depending on availability/demand. Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays are a must and a couple of available weekdays are also preferred.
The Escape Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting customers in a personable and friendly manner and making everyone feel excited at being locked in a room for an hour.
- Checking customers in, assisting customers in signing waivers, ensuring payment has been processed before beginning the experience.
- Utilizing technology to show participants the briefing video and scenario videos for the room as well as to track the room time, play music, provide clues, etc.
- Clarifying game rules thoroughly in a fun and engaging way. You must be comfortable talking to large groups of people.
- Closely monitoring participants over CCTV while they complete a room to provide clues as needed.
- Resetting the escape rooms after each experience. Strong attention to detail is a must; all the props and clues must be set in a very specific way every time.
- Occasionally dealing with customers over the phone and/or via email asking for questions, directions, etc.
- Thanking customers, taking group photos, receiving feedback, and encouraging future bookings as participants leave.
Our ideal applicants are responsible but fun people with good attitude and great problem solving and customer service skills!
Additional skills desired but not required:
- Demonstrable experience in customer service.
- You also get extra brownie points if you are handy person who can fix things with whatever you have available (props might break!).
- You love games and puzzles and want to help in the process of designing and/or building the rooms.
- You have electronics and technical knowledge and/or experience in building theatrical set or props.
You must be available to work late afternoons, evenings, and weekends, sometimes on short notice.
Please send us your resume and make sure to include why you want to work at SoCo Escape Room (via cover letter or email) as well as your favorite ice cream flavor. We just want to see if you were paying attention and can follow instructions.
Application Deadline: August 20, 2018 | 5:00 PM
Submit applications to: email@example.com